NYCPHP Meetup

NYPHP.org

[mambo] Session Data

Hans C. Kaspersetz hans at cyberxdesigns.com
Fri May 27 15:51:30 EDT 2005

Mitch Pirtle wrote:

>On 5/27/05, Hans C. Kaspersetz <hans at cyberxdesigns.com> wrote:
>

>>I need to add two variable to the session in mambo.  Is it really true
>>that I have to add two columns to the session table?  Are there
>>instructions for what else needs to be modified for this to work?
>>

>What are you trying to do? As soon as that is clear I can answer your
>question ;-)
>

>>By the way, Mitch turned me onto a book a couple of weeks ago: The Art
>>of the Start.  It was an amazing book that changed my outlook on a lot
>>of things.  Check it out if you get a chance, it is a fast read.

I need to store something for the duration of a session and refer to it
through out the life of the session. Essentially, I have to store the
state of whether the user saw something or not in two different places
in the app.  Once in the PMS component and once on the index page.

I need to show an intermediate page the each time someone hits the site
after they have logged in and before they see the home page.  But only
once per session. If you are not logged in you are redirected to a
landing page with a login form.

I also need to do the same sort of thing the first time they get to the
PMS component.  But only once per session.  I want an easy way to store
and expire the state of whether they have seen the intermediate pages or
not.

Hans

--
Hans C. Kaspersetz