NYCPHP Meetup

NYPHP.org

[joomla] Migrating to Joomla from PostNuke

Mitch Pirtle mitch.pirtle at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 17:06:47 EDT 2006

On 9/6/06, Bret Hilton <bhilton at mailaom.pace.edu> wrote:

> Is there an easy button for migrating to Joomla from PostNuke?

Not that I know of, but putting your PostNuke site in the same
database as your Joomla site is a step in the right direction. Then,
in a matter of three queries, you should be able to setup sections,
categories and articles.

You will end up needing to parse all of your content to fix broken
URLs and IMG src paths, which could be troublesome. I believe that's
why nobody ever created the automated migration tool and gave it away
- that's a LOT of work.

-- Mitch, looking for the big red EASY button for, well, a whole load of stuff