NYCPHP Meetup

NYPHP.org

[nycphp-talk] OT: Need some advice on Grad. Studies in Comp. Sci.

Nasir Zubair nsr81 at ny-tech.net
Sun Jul 6 19:41:22 EDT 2003

Hi all,

This is a bit off topic, so feel free to ignore.

I graduated recently from college with major in Computer and Info. Science.
At this time, I'm looking into attending a graduate school to pursue an M.S.
I've looked at a few programs at different schools in NY area, including
CUNY and I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet. Fairly confused LOL. For now
I'm going to be preparing for General GREs.

One thing that concerns me is that I was a little weak at math and calculus
during college. How bad you ask? Well, I got Cs in 3 calculus courses I
took. Other than Mathematics, I did pretty good in almost every course,
mostly Bs and some As. Can anyone tell me how will that affect me as far as
my pursuit of an M.S. degree is concerned, in general? I'd also appreciate
if you can give any advice at all on the subject.

Regards,
Nasir Zubair