NYCPHP Meetup

NYPHP.org

[nycphp-talk] GoogleMapAPI

Steve Manes smanes at magpie.com
Thu Nov 15 10:46:07 EST 2007

Rolan Yang wrote:
> You might want to let your client know that there is a maximum limit to
> the number of google requests that can be made per developer key per
> time period. If the app is going to be hit hard and exceeds the limit,
> they may have to resort to buying a license* from Google.  I believe the
> cost is $10,000.

I know.  But it's 50,000/day, which is about 49,800 more connections
than any community health clinic is ever likely to make, and each
clinic/program will have its own domain and Google API key.  If it
becomes a problem, the client is a large child health non-profit so they
can deal with the license issues.